Last Updated: 2023-08-31
Welcome to GameFractal! This policy explains how your information is handled here.
Information We Collect
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use
aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits
to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If
you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information
used by these companies, click here.
We may use third party advertisements on the Site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies
and web beacons when they advertise on the Site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through
the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our
site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes
(showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific
sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings,
or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can greatly affect how
you are able to interact with the Site as well as most other websites.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
Minors and children should not use the Site. By using the Site, you represent that you have the legal capacity
to enter into a binding agreement.
The Site does not knowingly collect or store any Personal Information from children under thirteen (13) in the
United States or under the relevant age threshold in other jurisdictions where the child is located. If you are
under thirteen (13) years old in the United States, or under the relevant age threshold in the jurisdiction
where you are located, you cannot use the Site without the permission of your parent or guardian.
We may collect technical information required for delivering the service and for the support of our internal
operations from all users of the Site. If parents or guardians believe that we have unintentionally collected
their children's other Personal Information or otherwise used their children's Personal Information, please
Users in the European Economic Area
The Site only processes or transfers your Personal Information where we can rely on legal grounds and
appropriate safeguards to do so. You also have additional rights regarding your Personal Information if you are
located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"). The Site takes commercially reasonable measures to safeguard your
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and processed in various countries. Before we transfer your
Personal Information to third parties based outside the EEA, we ensure either: (i) the use of European
Commission approved contract clauses to protect your Personal Information; or (ii) we are only transferring your
Personal Information to trusted countries that achieve the approved standards for Personal Data protection set
forth by the European Commission. By using the Site, you must consent to the international transfer procedures
and guidelines set forth above, if you do not, please refrain from using the Site at this time.
We use privacy-friendly analytics from counter.dev to understand how the
website is used, primarily how many use it and on what types of devices. This helps us improve without tracking
you. We also use similar statistics about the browser requests made for the site, provided by Cloudflare.
Links to Third Parties
Our webapp might contain links to external sites. We're not responsible for their privacy practices.
For California Residents: CCPA Information (CLICK TO SEE CCPA INFORMATION)
This Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained elsewhere in this
Notice and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California
("consumers" or "you"). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
(CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers located in the state of California with certain rights regarding their
information and data. The following section describes those rights and explains how to exercise them:
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that the company disclose certain information to you about our collection
use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable
consumer request (as described in the section "Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion
we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called data portability
- If we sold or disclose your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each
category of recipient obtained
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the
we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of
quality of goods or services.
Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your value and contain written
terms that describe the program's material aspects.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a
consumer request to us by emailing us at
contact [at] gamefractal [dot] com
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on
behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a
verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access of data portability twice within a 12-month
period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we
collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and
respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your
or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use
personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or
authority to make the request.
Information We Collect
Our websites, emails (with your consent, where required by law), and other products, services and
collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated
or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal
information"). In particular, our websites, apps, emails, and other products, services and platforms may
have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last
|A. Identifiers ||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ.
Code § 1798.80(e)) ||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law ||NO|
|D. Commercial information. ||YES|
|E. Biometric information. ||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity. ||YES|
|G. Geolocation data. ||YES|
|H. Sensory data. ||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information. ||NO|
|J. Inferences drawn from other personal information. ||YES|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of
(HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit
Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA),
the Driver's Privacy.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and
contact information to request a newsletter or ask a question about our products or services, we
that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to
product or service, we or our third-party service providers will use that information to process
payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product or
orders and requests.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our websites, emails, and other products, services and
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including investigating and addressing
concerns and monitoring and improving our responses.
- To personalize your website, apps, emails, or other product, service or platform experience and to
content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and
through our websites, apps, emails, and other products, services and platforms.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, apps, emails, and other
services and platforms, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our
apps, emails, and other products, services and platforms.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other
transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of
liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our
users is among the assets transferred.
The Company will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal
we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
The Company may disclose your personal information to a third-party for a business purpose or sell your
personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales (see ‘Sales of Personal
below). When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes
purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it
any purpose except performing the contract. The CCPA prohibits third parties who purchase the personal
information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to
of further sales (see ‘Sales of Personal Information' below).
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Contractors and service providers.
- Data aggregators.
- Third parties with whom we partner to offer products and services to you.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, the Company has disclosed the following categories of personal
information for a business purpose:
- [Category A: Identifiers.]
- [Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.]
- [Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.]
- [Category G: Geolocation Data.]
- [Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.]
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, the Company has sold the following categories of personal
collected through our ad-supported services:
- Category A: Identifiers
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity
- Category G: Geolocation Data
- Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information
The company and our advertising partners collect the personal information identified above (such as the
cookies stored on your browser, the advertising identifier on your mobile device, or the IP address of
device) when you visit our websites, apps, and other products, services and platforms, or open our
We, and our partners, use this information to tailor and deliver ads to you on our websites, apps,
and other products, services and platforms, or to help tailor ads to you when you visit others' sites
use others' apps). To tailor ads that may be more relevant to you, we and/or our partners may share the
information we collect with third parties.
We may update this policy. Check back for changes. Your continued use of GameFractal means you accept the
If you have questions about your privacy or this policy, reach us at
contact [at] gamefractal [dot] com